Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug





Name: The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug

Release Date (in Singapore): 12 December 2013
Watched on: 14 December 2013


Summary:
The dwarves, along with Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey, continue their quest to reclaim Erebor, their homeland, from Smaug. Bilbo Baggins is in possession of a mysterious and magical ring.



Personal Ratings: 3
I find that for this part, there was almost no emphasis on the main characters. The show was really flat. I'm not sure why, but I feel that the climax for this show was not really showed properly. So when you look back at the show as a whole, you would feel like there was no climax.
For me, the thing that I really liked about this movie was the elfs. I love the way they fought. Really swift and composed. Loved the way they fought using the bows and arrows. Also kind of liked the humor they put into the show. I think it's funny how the dwarves keeps getting captured.

There were some really dry parts, and some that really got me really tensed. But I think the reason why this movie still feels kind of boring is because of the length. It was really loooong. Like it almost hit 3 hrs.


Recommended for:
Gender: Male & Female
Age: 13 and above
Ratings: PG-13



No comments:

Post a Comment