Saturday, April 11, 2015

D-Frag!



NameD-Fragments! ディーふらぐ! D-Frag!
Side Story: D-Frag! OVA

Status: Completed
Episode: 12
Release Date (for eng subs): -


Summary:
Kazama Kenji likes to believe he is something of a delinquent. Moreover, others seem to like to agree that he is. Of course, Kenji's gang finds their way to a group of four not-so-normal girls—Chitose, Sakura, Minami and Roka—and all at once, whatever reputation he may have is nothing compared to the outrageous behavior of the girls. Shanghaied into joining their club, what will happen to his everyday life from that point on?

Summary Source: MU


Personal Ratings: 2.5
I found this anime my incident when I was trying to find an anime like Chuunibyou and Inou battle wa nichijou kei no naka de (the kind of anime that talks about anime in an anime). And honestly, I got my hopes too high.
Otaku Club, Slice of Life, type of anime. Honestly, I didn't think that this anime was a comedy, and if you have been reading my reviews, you know that comedy just doesn't sit well with me.

This anime reminds me more of Sket Dance than any other anime. This is the type of anime which goes per incident, that usually lasts around 1 to 2 episodes. For me, these type of comedy anime doesn't really make me laugh due to the over emphasis and low level of realism (so usually I just sit there and watch the character being stupid).
However, I actually thought that some episodes were nice, and the ideas were pretty good (proven by me laughing at some parts).

The good thing about this anime would be keeping the main character the only normal one around (most comedy anime uses this). It makes the whole show more attractive, but I'm not too sure about the extremes. Even though having a unique personality makes the jokes easier to execute, I prefer if everyone has a normal side to them on top of their uniqueness (kind of like working!!)

There is a lack of overall planning. If you watch closely, you will find that there are some contradictions, and you can tell that they just throw in random ideas along the way and make it fit into the story. It's only possible because it's a comedy anime, and you can just throw in some lousy excuse to make it fit. 

Thought that they could have actually made use of the club activities to enhance the anime, and set a certain main theme; for example, making most episode revolve around games (since the club is about games) and since games have a huge range of ideas to choose from (e.g. computer games, board games, card games, etc) I'm pretty sure they can come up with many ideas to fit into different situations. 

Despite actually being similar to Inou battle wa nichijou kei no naka de, I thought that this anime lacked impact in comparison. Inou battle's last arc really made a lasting impression and impact on me, and even until now, whenever I think of that anime, a certain feeling pops up into my head. But for this anime, there isn't really an impactful scene of any sort.

Thought that random characters appear at random timings (e.g. the main character's sister) and other characters, other than the main characters seem to be the disposable type - whereby after using them for a certain scene or episode, they don't seemed to be used anywhere else.

This anime really doesn't go in-depth into the character's emotions. So sometimes the lack of depth really doesn't make this anime worth while. Because it becomes the kind of anime which you watch only when you really have nothing else to watch.


Art Ratings: 2.5
Acceptable art. Sometimes the eyes can look a little out of shape, but overall it was pretty ok.


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 13 and above
My Ratings: PG-13



No comments:

Post a Comment