Friday, July 5, 2013

Clannad


Image from: http://honya-ch.com/2007/09/29/clannad-invitation-dvd/

Name: Clannad

Sequel: Clannad: After story Status: Completed
Episode: 23
Release date (for eng subs): -

Summary:
Tomoya Okazaki is a third year high school student resentful of his life. His mother passed away from a car accident when he was younger, causing his father to resort to alcohol and gambling. This results in fights between the two until Tomoya's shoulder is injured in a fight. Since then, Tomoya has had distant relationships with his father, causing him to become a delinquent over time. While on a walk to school, he meets a strange girl named Nagisa Furukawa who is a year older, but is repeating due to illness. Due to this, she is often alone as most of her friends have moved on. The two begin hanging out and slowly, as time goes by, Tomoya finds his life shifting in a new direction.

Summary from: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1118804/synopsis?ref_=tt_ov_pl
Summary by:  seifersythe


Personal Ratings: 2.5
I did not wanted to watch this anime because I think it was Harem, and the drawing really looked like the girls would be irritating.

Even though the anime turned out to be almost what I had expected, I think that the story line is strong enough to cover up for that negative part for the anime, though I think that each story in this anime is really similar. For some parts, I really think that its weird, and not logical.  
But I liked how there is a proper ending in the anime, but I don't think that there is a proper connection between the front part and the back part of the anime, but there is a proper connection in the front part for season one and the ending part for season two. I also think that they should have the other part of the story line in this anime more uniform. Because for people who just watch, they won't know what that story is for. I also think that the supporting characters should have more impact in the main story line, and not only for that case itself. The story also seem to be not clear of the past, and randomly added parts of Tomoya's memory as the anime progresses, and thus, it does not seem really well-planned. But I liked how everyone in the first few episode of clannad that Tomoya met, had a part to play in the anime in the later part of the show. I think that this really made the whole anime linked and pulled together.


Art Ratings: 1.5 
I really don't like this kind of art. Really makes the girls look to irritating. The hair also looks weird (a little to edgy), but I like how they animate it. I think the huge difference in the type of eyes and hair they draw really make the character look weird. (eyes draw with soft or rounded edges, while hair is drawn with sharp edges).


Recommended for:
Gender: Female & Male
Age: 13 and above
My Ratings: PG



No comments:

Post a Comment