Friday, July 5, 2013

Free!


Image from: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/04/26/kyoani-confirms-sexy-swimming-anime-free

Name: Free!
Sequel: Free! Eternal Summer

Status: Completed
Episode: 12
Release date (for eng subs): Every Thursday


Summary:
Haruka had always loved water and swimming. He always was never concerned about winning or his timming when swimming. However, Matsuoka Rin is a the opposite. Since he came back from Australia, his only aim was to defeat Haruka. The story goes on between the two close friends as they became enemies.

Summary by: AngelaAgness


Personal Ratings: 3.5
I have waited for this anime for quite some time now. Honestly, after seeing all the teasers on this anime, I sort of had a picture on how this anime would turn out. But, it turned out almost opposite from what I actually thought it would be, and I really liked it. I think that the uniqueness of this anime, is that the main character of this anime is very unique as compared to the typical kind of anime that I usually see.

I really like how this anime is pacing at. I also really like how the supporting characters make the show funny.  I really like how their personalities make each other character's personality stronger and funnier. I really like the humor in this show. I love the idea of putting in the Grily names and the boyish names for all the characters that are really involved (even Nitori has a girly name "Ai"). I really want a second season or an ova to see how are their everyday lives like after the conflict had cleared out (especially about Haru's swimming).

I really think that this anime is more of a fan service than anything. It really reaches out to the fans a lot. But I think it's because if this that it felt like something was missing in the show. Like there wasn't a very strong storyline to it. The reasoning for Makoto being afraid of the ocean also seemed really sloppy.


Art Ratings: 3
I don't really like the way they draw the face, its to sharp. But other then that, I really like the way they draw and animate the hair and eyes. I really like how the texture of the hair of each characters really show a lot of their personality.


Recommended for:
Gender: Female
Age: 13 and above
My Ratings: PG-13



No comments:

Post a Comment