Monday, November 18, 2013

Captain Philips




Image from: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/64581

Name: Captain Philips

Date Released (in Singapore): 14 November 2013
Date Watched: 16 November 2013


Summary:
This movie is about captain Philips and the pirates. He got captured by the Somali pirates while trying to save the rest of his crew. It shows how he was treated by the Somali's pirates, and how he got rescued.

Summary by: AngelaAgness


Personal Ratings: 2.5
Honestly, there was nothing much about this movie that struck, very much, to me as unique or entertaining. It was mostly as I expected, maybe a little lower. 
Though, the most interesting part for me would be how the ships operates, and how the navy take cares of situations like this. Since I have no idea, and have never seem much (in movies or animation), about proper operations in big ships. I honestly thought that there would be more men on board such a huge ship. I liked the part about how they try to lose the pirates that were just about to board the cargo ship.

I thought that Philips in the show would be a lot more.... (efficient..?) Like I thought there is always meaning behind his actions, but from the show, there were quite a lot of actions in which he had done that didn't seem to be helping him escape (were quite redundant if I must say). I thought that he would slowly gain a little of their trust, and talk them out a little. The last part was also a bit of a question mark. Was he actually sad for the three people that were killed? or was he so happy that he got out of the situation? I also didn't like how the camera shakes a lot. I don't really get why they have to shake the camera so much. Even though I know it's to show how intense the scene is, but honestly, with that much shaking, I cannot actually tell what was going on in those scenes.


Recommended for:
Gender: Male & Female
Age: 13 and above
Ratings: PG


No comments:

Post a Comment