Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thor: The God of Thunder

Thor Character Movie Poster Set 1 - Chris Hemsworth as Thor, The God of Thunder
Image from: http://www.iamfatterthanyou.com/2011/03/thor-character-movie-poster-set-1/thor-character-movie-poster-set-1-chris-hemsworth-as-thor-the-god-of-thunder/

Name: Thor: The God of Thunder

SequelThor: The Dark World 
Release Date (in Singapore): -
Watched on: 2 November 2013

Summary:
Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior, is sent to Earth as punishment for reigniting a reckless war. But after a dangerous villain from his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth, the hammer-wielding Thor must learn what it takes to be a true hero in order to save mankind.
Summary from: http://www.starpulse.com/Movies/Thor/Summary/

Personal Ratings: 3
Since I watched the 2nd season (Thor: The Dark World) first, I really was comparing that season to this season the whole time I was watching. So I can't say I'm unbiased. I didn't really expect the first season to be as funny. Because I've always had the impression that Thor is more of a serious action like batman or superman. So I was quite surprise at the amount of jokes and comedy scenes in the show. I was also surprised that they seriously did a lot more thinking as compared to the other actions shows from marvel. Because this was really not your mainstream typical action show. I was really surprise by the way Thor acted. Because usually the main character is always the good one that is always close to the perfect type of person. However it was not true for this show. Loved the way they showed the contrast between the people from earth and the people from the other worlds. Really funny, especially since we all know how life goes on on earth. Without the proper contrasting acts shown in the show, I don't think we would have actually thought that there was much difference between their actions in their own world and our actions, since we were only given information from one point of view. 
I thought that they could have added more scenes showcasing Thor's power. I also think that they should have stressed more on  Loki, especially that point of time where he really started to have doubts about himself and decided to betray Thor. I think that part should have been expressed in a much better way in order to truly gasp what his true motive is. Right now I'm conflicted between him wanting to take over the throne to prove to his dad that he is, or wanting to save their world by not letting Thor (than he was still inexperience and reckless), take over the throne and ruin their time in peace. Because I really believe that Loki is a much better thinker and have a higher IQ as compared to Thor.

Recommended for:
Gender: Male & Female
Age: 13 and above
Ratings: PG-13

No comments:

Post a Comment