Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Amazing Spider-man 2


Image from: http://ancoradesign.deviantart.com/art/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Poster-420202403

Name: The Amazing Spider-man 2

Release Date (in Singapore): 1 May 2014
Watched on: 4 May 2014


Summary:
Peter Parker runs the gauntlet as the mysterious company Oscorp sends up a slew of supervillains against him, impacting on his life.

Summary from: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1872181/
Personal Ratings: 4
I didn't watch finish the first movie of this show (lol same for Captain America). But I can totally see how this amazing spider-man series is so much better than the first spider-man series.


This movie is really not your typical cliche story. It's not all about the villains and the heroes, but more of the other side of a hero's life. The things they have to sacrifice, and the priority they have to place, regardless of their interest. It was really nice to see how Peter faces his choices; be it with his Gwen or with Harry. 

Really liked the new character; Harry. Especially love the connection between the first movie and the 2nd one, which all the more makes this movie more precious. At first in the first movie, I really wondered if their going to put Harry in, because from the looks of the first spider man movie, Harry plays a huge part in Spider man. 
Though I was really surprised that Gwen died, I somehow actually preferred that as to if Gwen has survived (no offence to happy ending lovers, but happy endings are just too cliche for me). But I wasn't really sure if it was the right thing to do, especially since Gwen's dad died in the first movie. 

As to the death of Gwen's dad, I really thought that they could have placed more emphasis on him, to really show how much it had effected him and his relationship with Gwen. I felt that there was too little scenes of Gwen's dead dad, so reason for Peter's undecided decision of whether he wants to be with Gwen or not, doesn't really leave much of an impact. 

I was also not very sure about putting in 3 villains into one movie. It seems kind of rush with 2 main things going on; the raise of a new villain (Harry) and the defeat of a new villain (the electro dude, whose name I forgot). The last one just seemed kind of like a stepping stone to show Peter getting over his depression. 

I loved all the action scenes, I thought they were all really great, exciting and new. I liked the way they made the electro dude. The sound, his personality, everything. It was really fun to see how he got to hate spider man, especially since he loved spider man so much. The song that went along with the action scenes were also great. 


All in all, I think that this movie was great! Just that they need to keep track of the timing (is it me, or are movies these days just getting longer and longer?).


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 13 and above
Ratings: PG-13



No comments:

Post a Comment