Sunday, August 10, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy



Name: Guardians of the Galaxy

Release Date (in Singapore): 31 July 2014
Watched on: 9 August 2014


Summary:
Light years from Earth, 26 years after being abducted, Peter Quill finds himself the prime target of a manhunt after discovering an orb wanted by Ronan the Accuser.



Personal Ratings: 3.5
Strictly NO kids. Honestly, these few months, there has been many marvel movies coming out, and their all really great movies. But, unfortunately, they are NOT for kids. (well, at least not Asian kids). There were seriously many times when the kids get bored of the movie half way, probably because they couldn't really get the jokes that were used in the movies, and also because they didn't have the patience to sit through it. 

Now, moving on about the show, I think it's quite a nice show (even though my sister kept complaining that it was boring). I think that there was quite a good balance between the comedy side of it and the action side of it. Though, I could have used more action when it came to the fight between the girls. 

Judging from the first part of the show, I honestly thought that it was too sad. And it led me to think that it would be a more serious type of show, so I was quite surprised that it was more of a comedy type. I may not be into comedy type of shows (if you have seen my reviews on comedy animes and movies), but I actually like this type of comedy where the laughter just comes naturally from people's actions and personality, and not faked out.
Most of the shows which have both the action and the comedy side, are usually well-liked by me (of course they must have that balance between the two sides).

I love how they pay attention to the small little details of the short scenes. Those were actually linked throughout the whole show, if you pay attention. There was not one small detail of the show that weren't of no use. Hard to see this type of shows were they make use of small and short details on the movies. 

Of course, great story line. I really like the unexpected first meeting between the 4 of them. I thought that they would have been in the same company, but those that don't get along well, but were forcefully put together by their bosses or something. But I was glad that it didn't really ended up as cliche as I thought it would've been. 

Some great touching moments. But I do think that they should have explained more about the infinity power. Of course, judging from the way things ended, there is sure to be a 2nd season (if I'm not wrong). Somethings which I thought that should have placed more emphasis on; like the issue about his dad. 


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 13 and above
Ratings: PG-13




No comments:

Post a Comment