Thursday, August 28, 2014

Sore Demo Sekai wa Utsukushii



Name: Sore demo Sekai wa Utsukushii それでも世界は美しい

Status: Completed
Episode: 11
Release Date (for eng subs): -


Summary:
Nike, the fourth princess of the Rain Dukedom and one who holds the power to call forth the rain, travels to the Sun Kingdom to marry Sun King Livius for her country, despite her own reluctance. She soon discovers that the King, who conquered the world in only three years after his ascendance to the throne, is still a child! Furthermore, for trivial reasons, he has demanded that Nike call forth the rain...?!

Summary Source: MU


Personal Ratings: 3.5
At first when I saw the setting about how Nike was going to be paired up with a kid, I thought that this show would seriously be some dumb comedy shows. but I was glad that I continued watching, because it was seriously quite good. 

Instead of those type of typical comedy anime, this anime was more of a slice of life kind of anime, with a little light jokes here n there to lift up the mood. So overall it was really a light n easy to watch anime; there wasn't much of a complication in anywhere in the anime. 
However, because the anime is that light, I kind of find myself asking what's the main storyline for this anime. It kind of seems like those type of animes where they just add as they go on, not much planning. Because of that I think that this anime is more suited to be watched as a whole instead of per episode, because watching it per episode maybe a little boring. 

I see them using a more classical approach on this anime, where by it's case by case than followed by a huge case. So it really ended on a high note. Of course there were a few other classical elements in the show that is quite rarely seen in animes these few days (more like the 2000 to 2005 Era animes), so seeing that reminds me of the older animes. Of course they did tweaked it a bit so that it flows much better into the anime than it did in those older ones. 

So, so far this anime actually has quite a nice idea, but I don't really liked how it ended. It ended without showing the other countries that they have mentioned, which really made me very curious as to how their countries are like. I actually really like to see the difference between the countries, and how they portray their weather into the country's development itself. I'm just hoping that they would continue with another season. 

I did find the voice actor for Livius a little off for this role. (and I kind of liked him as a voice actor, I mean voice acting Haruka from Free! and Sakurai form Kuroko no Basuke...) I mean his voice normally is quite ok, but I don't really like it when he faces extreme emotions. I thought that the voices sounded strangely foreign. It's a technique that is required to have your voice sound similar yet still portray the emotions. 


Art Ratings: 3
Quite nice art. I liked the character designs. I thought that they really did portray their personality into the design itself, but I don't think that there was anything that actually stood out in terms of art. 
Kept simple, to compliment the simple story line. 


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 12 and above
My Ratings: PG



No comments:

Post a Comment