Monday, September 15, 2014

Step Up: All In


Image from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Step_Up_All_In

Name: Step Up: All In

Release Date (in Singapore): 
Watched on: 14 September 2014


Summary:
All-stars from the previous Step Up installments come together in glittering Las Vegas, battling for a victory that could define their dreams and their careers.

Summary from: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2626350/


Personal Ratings: 2
Honestly, I don't really know if the previous step up set the bar up too high, or this is just terrible. I don't really know much about dance, but seeing this as a movie I think it's not a very nice one. I don't recommend this movie to anyone.  

In terms of dancing, I think that the previous step up (Step Up Revolution), was a lot better. There were more use of many different props in this movie, but somehow I felt that they didn't really use that much to their advantage, maybe it was because of the setting that they weren't really able to show us more unique stuffs, because Step Up Revolution was really in very different and unique settings that really brought that wow factor out.
I'm not sure about the level of difficulty of the dance routine, but I don't think that there was any dance routine or move that actually left an impression in me. 

As a movie, I thought that there wasn't enough character development. I don't actually feel any character attachment to anyone of them. No offence, but I can't even remember all their names except for Moose (because he's been in the past few Step Up movies). So yea, I think that this movie desperately needs more character development. So for the parts where I think they wanted to show a more emotional side of the story (like when Moose's girl friend got angry and the part where the main girl started to talk about her past), it kind of didn't really mean anything, because there was that serious lack of character affection. It just kind of seemed like it's thrown together at the last minute. 

Ok for the good parts! I actually like some of the concept they were going for; like the Twin concept and the Robot concept. Could tell that they probably put it in for laughs and cuteness (I don't really know how to describe it, so 'cute' was the only word I can come up with haha). Totally loved the Robot concept thing throughout the whole show, and was probably the only thing that comes to mind if I think of this movie. 
But I can tell that there were some needless comedy that weren't very funny in the show, and could have used that time to develop the story line more.


Recommended for:
Gender: -
Age: -
Ratings: PG-13




No comments:

Post a Comment