Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Kingsman: The Secret Service - Poster

Name: Kingsman: The Secret Service

Release Date (in Singapore): 12 February 2015
Watched on: 24 February 2015

Summary:
Based upon the acclaimed comic book and directed by Matthew Vaughn, Kingsman: The Secret Service tells the story of a super-secret spy organization that recruits an unrefined but promising street kid into the agency's ultra-competitive training program just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius.

Summary by: 20th Century Fox


Personal Ratings: 3.5
A movie which follows the route of irrationality. It's absurd, illogical and fun. I was really wow-ed by the creativity behind all the weapons, which follows the rules of a "gentleman", but I really thought that the action scenes could have been better. 

The jokes were pretty funny and sensible, and I think they really made used of a lot of situations to come out with jokes or sarcasms.

The start of the movie threw me off guard, and kind of made things a little complicated at first. Because I thought Valentine was the good guy. But that all cleared up after awhile, so there wasn't really any huge of a deal. 

At first I thought that the terrible CG* would be the fall of this show, but after watching the whole show, I actually think that the flawed CG was done on purpose. It actually did suit the movie a lot more with the more fun and joking plot line of the movie. 
And because of the flawed CG, it makes some parts hard to take seriously, and so people would take it as a joke, especially for some of the pretty gory scenes (like getting cut into half or their brains exploding).

I just thought that they should have actually added a little more seriousness to certain parts of the movie, especially the part about Harry (when he died), I thought that that scene itself was pretty emotional (especially since I kind of favored him throughout the movie), so I thought that the action scene in the church could have been a lot more serious and emotional (especially the parts where he get injured).

I thought that how they film the action scenes was pretty unique, and honestly is a lot more clearer than the normal way of filming action scenes. I thought that mixing in other ways of filming the action scenes (like showing the whole scene zoomed out) would have made it a little nicer, especially because the way that they use can actually cause motion sickness (for people who are sensitive to motion sickness), if watched for long. The different perspective would have also gave it more variation.


I really liked how they actually showed Eggsy's personality from the start of the movie to the end.
I totally loved the part about the dog. But I think that the they could have showed us more of the training part together with the tests parts. And I also thought it was kinda of a shame that he didn't get to work together with Harry.


*CG - Computer Graphics


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 18 and above
Ratings: M-18



No comments:

Post a Comment