Sunday, February 15, 2015

Zankyou no Terror



Name: Terror in Resonance, Terror in Tokyo, 残響のテロル Zankyou no Terror

Status: Completed
Episode: 11
Release Date (for eng subs): Every Friday


Summary:
In an alternate version of the present, Tokyo has been decimated by a shocking terrorist attack, and the only hint to the identity of the culprit is a bizarre video uploaded to the internet. The police, baffled by this cryptic clue, are powerless to stop the paranoia spreading across the population.


While the world searches for a criminal mastermind to blame for this tragedy, two mysterious children—children who shouldn't even exist—masterfully carry out their heinous plan. Cursed to walk through this world with the names Nine and Twelve, the two combine to form "Sphinx," a clandestine entity determine to wake the people from their slumber—and pull the trigger on this world.



Summary Source: FUNimation


Personal Ratings: 4
On a whole, I really liked this anime. Even in the midst of all those similarly dark anime for that season, I really thought that this one stands out the most due to the amount of intelligence put into it. However, I did feel that the quality of it kind of slipped away near the end of the anime. Such a pity because the starting was really great, and I expected a lot from this. 

Firstly, the terror acts are really very well thought out. I really liked how they actually used modern everyday gadgets to pull off all of their terror acts. I think that this aspect really brings the viewers more into the anime because we see and use some of those items everyday, so in a way, it makes us drawn into the different ways they can actually use those gadgets (but no, don't try it at home).


Even though I thought that the details were very well thought out and portrayed, I think that they did it too systematically.

They didn't actually work the viewer's curiosity about the other characters. I'm not sure if it's cause they wanted us to concentrate more on the case about the intelligent children project, but I felt that they didn't tick off enough curiosity. (kind of like just letting the story run without inputting any other things to spice up the anime).

For the flashback parts about the facility, I thought they should have left it without any dialogue to keep it a little more abstract (since they were already using a more abstract method).

I think that they could have shown a little about the facility at the start of each episode of the anime, parts which are relevant to that episode.

I didn't really understood why they needed to enroll in a school, because in the end after the first 1 or 2 episodes, there were no other scenes about the school or their high school life. I don't know if it was intentional - like if it was to show that they really actually wanted a normal life, or that they actually researched and intentionally found out that the school was having a trip to the tokyo tower (or whatever that building was, I forgot.)

But I would definitely like to see into how they act as compared to normal school students.

I find that the ending was pretty rushed. I thought that they could have made that gradual progress about 5's true feelings, be it in a flashback form or something. Because I felt that after all the chasing after 9 and wanting to kill him, she suddenly confessed out of nowhere. Seems like a 180 degree change of feelings. I think because most of the deaths were cluttered at the end of the anime, it kind of seems like everyone died one shot.

Thought that they could have inserted certain scenes to help bring out the sadness more, especially when it comes to the dying scenes. 

I would like to recommend that viewers do listen to the OST CD of this anime. Some of it is really good, and it really just seems to touch one's heart. It feels as if there is a whole lot of feelings packed into the songs. 




Art Ratings: 4
A more realistic art to fit into the more realistic theme of the anime. Overall I really like the art style and the animation. It was all really smooth.  
The character designs also really all goes well with the personality of each characters. 

Though sometimes I really do feel that in certain scenes, there were one too many lines on the characters such that it does make them look a little out of shape. 




Recommended for:
Gender: Male & Female
Age: 16 and above
My Ratings: PG-13

Zankyou no Terror OST playlist: Here



No comments:

Post a Comment