Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ao no Excorcist Movie

Image from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11737/Ao_no_Exorcist_(Movie)

Name: Ao no Exorcist Movie 劇場版 青の祓魔師

Anime: Ao no Exorcist  Release date (in Japan): 28 December 2012
Watched on: 22 July 2013


Summary:
The atmosphere in True Cross Academy is lively and boisterous in the days leading up to the grand festival held once every 11 years. During this time, Okumura Rin is entrusted with the responsibility of suppressing the berserk Phantom Train. In the midst of his mission, he meets a devil whose appearance is that of a young boy.

Summary from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11737/Ao_no_Exorcist_(Movie)
Summary Source: Official Site


Personal Ratings: 2.5
Honestly did not really liked this movie because there is not much of the main story line is involved. It was really dry since the beginning and only got interesting at the back. I don't see the point of putting in new characters that play a very little part in the movie. I think that the development was really slow, and then at the end it just suddenly speeds up all the way. It makes things a little confusing. I even slept in the middle on watching the movie. (or maybe I was just to tired). I think that the sudden happenings at the end of the movie was not explained properly. I was really lost at that point. I also thought that there would be more action action scenes, which totally did not happen.

I liked how from beginning to end, they refer to the past and link it back to the future. Even though I see that done in a lot of animes before, i just really like the way they did this one. I really liked how the effect that was used on the scene for the past. Really makes it stay in your head. They also used the past to build up suspense.


Recommended for:
Gender: Male & Female
Age: 15 and above
Ratings: PG-13




No comments:

Post a Comment