Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ano Natsu de Matteru




Image from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11433/Ano_Natsu_de_Matteru

Name: Waiting in the Summer あの夏で待ってる Ano Natsu de Matteru

Status: Completed
Episode: 12
Release Date (for eng subs): -


Summary:
When a group of friends decide to make a movie over a long summer holiday, they end up learning a little about filmmaking and a lot more about each other and themselves. What begins as a simple way to avoid the summer doldrums quickly turns into something much more complex, intimate and revealing, as the maturing relationships between the members of the young cast take on new, and sometimes very unexpected, turns. 

Summary from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11433/Ano_Natsu_de_Matteru
Summary Source: Sentai Filmworks 


Personal Ratings: 3.5
Since this anime has the word "ano", I keep thinking that it was the same producers that made this made Anohana. Though there is a little resemblance in the art and animation, there was almost no connection. Even so, throughout the whole anime, I kept comparing it with anohana. Even though, they are both really different genre. 
In the middle, I actually preferred Anohana more, because it more realistic and less confusing. But in the end, this anime really shocked me with the ending scene. I think anime is more fun and colourful as compared to the more mature and sad anohana. But strangely, I kind of like sad shows. So I really liked the ending for this anime. 
I think the relationship issues between the character is really similar to Anohana. Really sad and complicated kind.  

I think this anime is really filled with a lot of colours. (not the literal meaning). There is a lot of emotions, and pretty much most of the time, the anime was filled with joy. 
I thought the start of the anime really really unique. I think it really helped pull the whole anime together, because they really captured the viewers from their starting few episode. Loved the ending part, where they really made the Man In Black (MIB) thing happen when fighting with the alien machines. I think that idea was really unique and cute. Especially loved the fact that they had actually gave us the whole idea about the MIB thing, but still made us think that that wasn't going to happen. So when MIB really did appear, it really made the whole scene exciting. 
I also liked the way the relationships had gone, especially nearing the end, where even though the characters couldn't really be with the one they truly liked, they still found happiness. I also really liked the part where they showed all the relationship issues. (all the crying and all their feelings being hurt.) I think it was really well portrayed. 

Although I felt that most of the parts in this anime was good, I felt that some ideas were a little too abstract, as compared to the more normal stuff which was the main issue on hand. I also felt that some things were too "colourful". It kind of made the whole anime a little overwhelming at some point, but was luckily toned down by the beginning and ending. It was also a sad thing that they didn't really show much about their high school life, but more of the filming and the summer holidays.
I also had my doubts when the main character was so plain, as compared to the other characters in the show. But I guess that was what had made him stand out the most within the group. (of course, together with the main girl). 


Art Ratings: 3
Really cute art. Love the animation. But I find that they draw the characters really rounded (especially the hair). And I didn't really like some of the hair colour they used.


Recommended for:
Gender: Female
Age: 15 and above
My Ratings: PG-13


No comments:

Post a Comment