Thursday, June 26, 2014

Black Bullet


Image from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/20787/Black_Bullet

Name: Black Bullet ブラック・ブレット BLACK BULLET [黒の銃弾】

Status: Completed
Episode: 13
Release Date (for eng subs): Every Wednesday


Summary:
A near future, where humans have been defeated by the viral parasites named Gastrea. They have been exiled into a small territory and live in despair, side-by-side in terror.


In this world trapped in darkness—

Rentaro, a boy living near Tokyo and member of the "Civil Security"—an organization specializing in fighting against the Gastrea—is used to accomplishing dangerous tasks. His partner is Enju, a precocious young girl. They fight thanks to their peculiar powers until one day, when they receive a special assignment from the government. This top secret mission is to prevent the destruction of Tokyo...

Set in a near future, this thrilling heroic-action story... starts now!

Summary Source: Baka-Tsuki



Personal Ratings: 3
Quite a nice anime. It's better to watch this anime one-shot than weekly. 

Honestly, I don't think that this anime has the proper development when it comes to emotions. Some parts of the anime that were suppose to be really sad; like say when Enju ran away or when the whole group of girls got killed. I really didn't feel anything, though the voice acting was top-notch. I think it has something to do with the background music and animation.
Because this anime is set at the same pace throughout the whole show, it can become quite boring after awhile, especially if you watch this anime weekly. They also lack the impact on certain scenes, which I thought could have been made better just by the change in pace. 

Great Seiyuu. At first I wasn't really sure about them using Yuki for the main character, since most of the characters he usually voice act in are (no offence) pretty much wimps. I just didn't really think he could pull off this characters. But after watching this for a while, I realized how Rentaro actually has this goody side to him, which makes him all the more compatible with the seiyuu Yuki. Enju; super unique voice that matches her complex past and funny personality. 

I'll praise them for making realistic decisions on things like the characters rankings. However, I still feel like there isn't really enough information about the ranking system. Seem to me like they didn't place enough importance on the characters throughout the anime. I also felt like there was a lack of explanation and planning, I felt like some components of the anime were out into it while writing, so there is that feeling like there is a lack of planning. More detailed explanation needed for this complex story line. 
Actions scenes were not enough. It was plainly brute strength, I expected there to be more strategic, but seems like their lacking in that competent 

I think there are still parts of the anime that aren't completed yet. I'm hoping that there would be a 2nd season to this anime.
Overall, a nice anime; good story line, nice characters, only lacking in the way they pull it all together. 


Art Ratings: 2.5
Didn't really like the art, but I like their character designs. I just can't stand the way they draw the hair, looks oddly shaped and too sparse. 


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 13 and above
My Ratings: PG-13




No comments:

Post a Comment