Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Isshuukan Friends


Image from: http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=21327

Name: One Week Friends 一週間フレン Isshuukan Friends 

Episode: 12
Status: Completed
Release date (for eng subs): Every Monday


Summary:
Kaori Fujimiya is always alone because all of her happy memories, including time spent with her friends, disappear every Monday. Deciding that he wants to be friends with her anyway, Yuuki Hase tries to get close to Kaori each week, wishing that she would one day call him "a friend."



Personal Ratings: 3.5
Simple, yet very solid anime. I really like how the main story line of this anime is really simple; just the fact that her memories gets reset every week. Yet when I first watched it, even though I thought that it was a really good anime, I didn't think that they could make this interesting. I didn't really see how they could develop the anime more. I thought that it would be a very straight forward anime, but than came a little complexity about Fujimiya's past, that made the whole anime a lot more interesting. 

I liked how they added a new characters and a new love line in the middle of the show and nearing the end of the anime. I'm not sure, but I think that Kujou should have been added a little earlier into the anime, because the whole thing about Fujimiya's past seemed kind of rushed and incomplete.
I also thought that they way they tried to add Yamagishi into the show was a little misleading. They kind of made it seemed like Yamagishi once knew Fujimiya in the past, even though it wasn't the case.  

I guess the different thing about this anime, compared to normal Shoujo romance anime, is that this anime is really straight forward, kept as simple as possible, and somehow really pure. Unlike most romance anime which, I think, they try to add too much complexity into the anime which makes the whole anime shaky and some times quite unpleasant to watch. This anime is really easy to take in, and fun to watch. 
Like how the main character takes small steps to solve her problem, and at the side lines the supporting character adds a little spice to the anime at some points. 

More than anything, I think I'm seeing a lot more boys watching this anime compared to girls, which was quite surprising. 

Overall, I'm not very satisfied with how things ended. I really hoped that they would some how made her overcome her childhood fear, and more about the other couple (Kiryuu with Yamagishi).


Art Ratings: 3
Simple art that really complements the story line, however I do think that at some point, the hair proportion and the face was a little off. 

I actually liked the animation. At first I thought that they may look a little stiff, but I was glad it wasn't as bad as Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 12 and above
My Ratings: PG




No comments:

Post a Comment