Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Higashi no Eden



Name: Eden of the East 東のエデン Higashi no Eden

Status: Completed
Episode: 11
Release Date (for eng subs): -


Summary:
On November 22, 2010 ten missiles strike Japan. However, this unprecedented terrorist act, later to be known as "Careless Monday," does not result in any apparent victims, and is soon forgotten by almost everyone. Then, 3 months later... Saki Morimi is a young woman currently in the United States of America on her graduation trip. But just when she is in front of the White House, Washington DC, she gets into trouble, and only the unexpected intervention of one of her fellow countrymen saves her. However, this man, who introduces himself as Akira Takizawa, is a complete mystery. He appears to have lost his memory, is stark naked, except for the gun he holds in one hand, and the mobile phone he's holding in the other. A phone that is charged with 8,200,000,000 yen in digital cash.

Summary Source: Production I.G website


Personal Ratings: 3.5
When I first saw the pictures of this anime, I thought that this would be a very cliche romance story; especially since it's always one of the top few when I search under the romance genre. That kind of got me to stay away from this anime for quite a while, before I got sick of always seeing this anime as one of the top few. Than it suddenly hit me that I had to check this anime out. 

The first episode already got me to like this show, partly because it was not like those typical romance anime out there. But honestly I wouldn't really think that this is a romance anime, it's more like an action anime. I think that the interesting rate for this anime fluctuates a lot. I feel that only the first few and last few episodes were really interesting, while the middle part was a little dry and some what confusing. 
I felt that the linkage between the 'careless Monday' and the missing 20,000 NEETs were really interesting and what really kept the whole anime going. I was also quite shocked to see how many elements in the show was related to one another. (Almost everything was related to one another, even though they may not seem like it).

I don't think that the name "Higashi no Eden" is really appropriate for this anime, because I don't see how "Higashi no Eden" really played a role in this anime. I also don't really understand when they connect to the "johnny" show. I really didn't understand it when they mention it in some situation. I'm guessing you would have to watch that movie before you can understand the relation they are making?

Unlike it's sunny and bright side, I think that this show is unexpectedly brute and dark. Also a must to watch the two movies that comes after this because it completes the anime. 


Art Ratings: 3
I don't think that this art is really appropriate for this anime. I think that the art is too innocent looking for this anime. It would be a little more mature. 

Other than that, I think that the character design really matches the character's personality. 


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 16 and above
My Ratings: PG-13



No comments:

Post a Comment