Saturday, June 28, 2014

Vampire Academy


Image from: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1686821/

Name: Vampire Academy

Release Date (in Singapore): 27 February 2014
Watched on: 15 June 2014


Summary:
Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, half human-half vampire, a guardian of the Moroi, peaceful, mortal vampires living discreetly within our world. Her calling is to protect the Moroi from bloodthirsty, immortal Vampires, the Strigoi.



Personal Ratings: 2.5
Read the book, loved it. Watched the movie, didn't like it. Haha. I think this is true for most popular vampire books out there; like twilight. More and more popular books are getting turned into movies, some of them are really nice, but some of them turns out really horrible. 

Honestly, I really like the actors for Rose. I really think that she was exactly how I pictured her to be. But unfortunately, the rest of the character just didn't really turn out the way I pictured them to be, especially so for: Lisa, Mason (not in a bad way), and Dimitri. 


I think that in the movie, they focus a lot on Rose. In the book, they also place a lot of importance in Lisa; she actually plays a huge role in the whole story line. So when they didn't really concentrate much on her scenes, it really felt like something was really lacking in the whole story. The proportion of the movie also seemed kind of odd. I know that there is a lot of things happening in the book, so to keep the story line as close to the book, they didn't really take out a lot of things. But I still thought that they should have focus on some scenes more and others lesser, and also to throw out more parts that weren't really relevant to the main story line and try to duration of the movie. 
Fast paced and the whole movie seemed really constant; there seem to be no climax or anything like that, they lack the attractiveness of the story line that the book had. 

I guess I'll look forward to the next movie (if there is one). I'm sure that the next movie would be a lot nicer, since there would be more action and intense scenes. 


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 14 and above
Ratings: PG-13



No comments:

Post a Comment