Sunday, November 10, 2013

Hanasaku Iroha


Image from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanasaku_Iroha

Name: Hanasaku Iroha 花咲くいろは

Status: Completed
Episodes: 26
Release Date (for eng subs): -


Summary:
After her single mother decides to run off with a boyfriend to dodge debt collectors, the young and energetic Ohana is sent to live with her grandmother. However, her grandmother is the strict owner of a hot springs inn and requires her to work at the inn to pay for her living expenses. Although Ohana is unhappy about this situation at first, she decides to make the best of her situation and work hard. Ohana's life is suddenly filled with fun, mischief, and drama!

Summary from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/9289/Hanasaku_Iroha
Summary by: MAL Rewrite


Personal Ratings: 3
Unique anime. Honestly I won't think there would be much to show for this kind of plot. I was quite surprised at the first episode; when they showed the main girl's personality. 
I liked the main girl's personality. Honestly I was shocked in the first few episodes when she just started working in the inn. I didn't understand why she would get scolded by some one she helped. 
I also liked the 2nd problem about the "author" in the room, who turned into becoming a worker in the inn. 
I would have thought that they would make the main character one of the cooks since she showed them how she can cook. I loved the unique problem with her and her mum. I also always felt that her mum was wrong and a weirdo. But afterwards in the show, I finally realized how she was not actually a good-for-nothing. Honestly  I would have not expected that to happen. 
I really loved the episode when Ohana got fever. I think that episode, even though at first may seem a little confusing, really helps the viewers to understand her relationships with the other characters. It help us to understand more about the character's personality and what they think about Ohana.

What I didn't really like was the relationship throughout the show. Honestly, I think there was only progress in the first part and the last part of the anime. The middle showed almost nothing about the both of them. I wished they had spread it out more. 
I also didn't really understand the last part about the inn closing down. It didn't really reached the point of it being touching. I think that they should have added more emotional scenes to the last part, like showing more of each characters emotions (not just them being against it and working hard). 
I also didn't really like the part about Minko. It was sort of all over the place. Just when I thought it got better in the middle, she kinda got more weird and irritating in the ending. I think they should have shown a better side of her in the beginning, it would help the viewers to understand that even though she may seem like she is doing something wrong, there is always a reason.


Art Ratings: 3
Very similar to Tari Tari, only this art is more edgy and don't have the random blush.


Recommended for:
Gender: Female
Age: 13 and above
My Ratings: PG


No comments:

Post a Comment