Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Love Lab


Image from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Lab

Name: Love Lab

Status: Completed
Episode: 13 
Release Date (for eng scan): - 

Summary:
Love Lab is set in Fujisaki Girls Academy, which is known for their school body being composed of very proper students. The most prominent one of them is Natsuo Maki, the student president who is admired by her classmates for her calm and polite demeanor. On the other hand, Riko Kurahashi is also admired but for having a very forward and boyish personality. Riko accidentally walks into Maki when she is kissing a body pillow with a picture of a guy for practice, and learns that she is not as collected as everyone thinks she is. Riko is forced into keeping Maki's secret and joins her in practicing romance activities such as holding hands and more.
Summary from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Lab

Personal Ratings: 2.5
A kind of pointless, unique yet entertaining anime. There is no real plot behind this anime, just a simple plot about how to start a relationship.
I feel that this anime is a mixture of comedy and slice of life. Some how has a calming effect (at least to me it has). I could really relate to this anime more since I was also from a girl's school (for 10 years at that). It was really interesting to see how the girls in Japan attract boys to them. Though it's an anime (and I know I should not believe it to much), but I think that it has given me a brief idea on the different lifestyle of a Japanese high school-er (Riko and Maki's lifestyle) who are from an all girl's school, since so far, most of the animes takes place in an co-ed high school. I like how they actually added a mini thinking / solving scene (where Riko has to find a way to transmit the message to the student without the teacher's knowing). I think that whole scene was really unexpected. (Since I watch detective conan, I could sort of grasp the different kind of scenarios and solutions that goes with it.) But since this is not a mystery show, I was really surprised by the solution she came up with.
Honestly, I think that they could have expanded on Riko's storyline for this anime. I feel that if they had added it in, it would have been a lot more interesting. Towards the end, I really thought that they would finally show more about Riko and her plot (the thing about the past confession and what really happened), but to my disappointment., it ended without saying much about it. I feel that they should have a 2nd season since they have not tell us about what happened when they were younger (about the guy confessing to her and she rejecting him). I think that was what most people were looking forward too. 

Art Ratings: 3.5
I like the art. I think the different way they drew the eye lashes and eyes really brought out the character in them (along with the voice actors). I like the light and pastel colours they used in this show to make the whole show a lot more brighter, full of life and at the same time has this weird calming effect. I love how they used the rosy cheeks here as compared to in Tari Tari.

Recommended for:
Gender: Female
Age: 15 and above
My Ratings: PG-13

No comments:

Post a Comment