Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Ookiku Furikabutte

Ookiku Furikabutte
Image from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/2159/Ookiku_Furikabutte

Name: Ookiku Furikabutte おおきく振りかぶって
Sequel: Ookiku Furikabutte: Natsu no Taikai Hen

Status: Completed
Episode: 25
Release date (for eng subs): -


Summary
After a falling out with his middle school team, Mihashi enters Nishiura high school with no social skill, a warped opinion of himself, and every intention to quit baseball. The newly formed Nishiura baseball team, however, needs a pitcher, and they welcome him. Most enthusiastic is Abe, a domineering catcher with his own game issues.

And so a battery every bit as complementary as it is dysfunctional is formed. If they can figure out how to work together, they might be the answers to each other's problems-and the team might be able to win. 


Summary from: http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=2159

Personal Ratings: 2.5
I don't really like baseball, and I don't know a single thing about baseball. But after debating for a while, I decided I should just give this anime a shot. 


Honestly, I was lost half the time in the anime since I don't know the rules for baseball. But I really liked the first few episodes. Though when I first heard and saw the main character, I had second thoughts about watching this anime. But I was glad that I stayed and watch till the end. 



I really think that this anime is really unique. It really has this calming effect. I really liked the characters. I think that they are all very unique (the choice of voice actor really made the the main few characters stand out a lot). I think that I learnt a lot about baseball from this anime. But it took be a while to grasp what was really happening. I still don't know the different throwing and batting styles. But I like how this is more of the strategy game. Even though (to me) baseball is a boring sport, the anime really made it a whole lot more interesting. Especially the types of players they put into the anime.



I think that this anime is really realistic, unlike normal animes where the main characters always win, they properly show how they win, given the circumstances and their mess up (in season two they lost).



What I didn't like was that they spend at least 13 or more episode on one match. Sure I know they are up against a past winner team, and they want to stress how that game was really hard, but I still think that it was a real waste of time. And because of that ti kind of got boring after awhile. So I really think that they should have showed more of the training, daily life, and other matches. 



Art Ratings: 3
I really like the colours they used for this anime. Drawing is not that fantastic, but really works with the colours and the personality. 


Recommended for:
Gender: Male & Female
Age: 13 and above
My Ratings: PG




No comments:

Post a Comment