Friday, October 11, 2013

Nagi no Asukara


Image from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagi_no_Asukara

Name: Nagi no Asukara 凪のあすから

Status: Completed
Episode: 26
Release date (for eng subs): Every Thursday


Summary:
Long ago, human civilization had lived in the oceanfloor. However, there were many humans who wanted to live above the surface and they moved to land. This created a separation between the two. After their middle school closes down, four middle school students from the sealand have to go to school on the mainland. This series is about their lives as they adjust to a new environment and the relationships with each other.



Personal Ratings: 2.5
This show is really quite unique. I would say it's purely about romance and love. This show can get a little clique and irritating in the middle, but you have to watch it will the end. There is just something about this anime that makes it different from others.

Some really confusing parts about their feelings and actions. Plot twists here and there, and there is a lot of love going on. I'm not sure if the basis of this anime is from any traditional history or story in Japan, but I think it's quite solid. It really flows throughout the whole anime, and they really kept relating to it. 

I like how they have the thing about living underwater. It was quite fun to see how there was the difference between living underwater and living on the surface. I think I actually found the 2nd half a lot more interesting, especially when it came to the difference between the people that hibernated and those that didn't. Though I thought the difference between the two episode (episode between the 1st part and the 2nd part) was kind of a huge difference that kind of got me thinking if I was even on the right episode. 

I think that they were really thorough when talking about the character's feelings, though some actions may really be quite contradicting. Some irritating parts here and there because they just kept crying (throughout the whole 2nd part).
I didn't really like this anime, until I watched the end. I think the end was really good, if there was a OVA or something that would tell me more about what happened in the later part, I would definitely look forward to it. 


Art Ratings: 4
I really like the art. I also like the animation. The only thing that is to over whelming is probably the eyes. It has to much sparkles.


Recommended for:
Gender: Female
Age: 13 and above
My Ratings: PG-13



No comments:

Post a Comment