Friday, October 19, 2012

Bamboo Blade (Anime)


Image from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/2986/Bamboo_Blade

Name: Bamboo Blade バンブーブレード

Status: Completed 
Episode: 26
Release date (for eng subs): - 

Summary:
Kojirou is the kendo instructor for Muroe High School and he's totally broke. But then an unexpected chance is given to him: his team must win against his senpai's team and the prize is: free meals for a whole year! Now, the only problem left... where to find girls skilled enough and willing to join the kendo team?
Summary from: 
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2986/Bamboo_Blade

Personal ratings: 3
At first when i saw the summary, I thought that this would be a retarded show. But as i watched, I totally fell in love with the show. I really liked how they portray both the good and bad side of Tamaki, the best Kendo player in the team. I loved how just her scream makes the opponent scared. In the anime, they showed how there are many types of kendo players out there. Like those that cheats, or those that are purely strong. I really liked the ending two episodes where they got new members  and how the kendo members inspired them to take on kendo. Loved how Rin and Tamaki got along together even though they are both rivals when it comes to kendo.
I think that they should not have made Miya, the girl in purple hair, keep losing all the time, even though she beat one of the good players. Plus, I do not really understand the other side of Miya. Was it her true self, or was it a personality that she does not realized she has? I also wished that they show more about Saya. She lacks the screen time, so I was not really able to catch hold of her personality. 

Art ratings: 2.5
It's a normal art, at some point character may look abit stiff, but at some point abit to flexible.

Recommended for:
Gender: Female
Age: 10 and above
My ratings: G

No comments:

Post a Comment