Monday, March 24, 2014

Divergent


Image from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divergent_(film)

Name: Divergent

Release Date (in Singapore): 20 March 2014
Watched on: 22 March 2014


Summary:
In a futuristic Chicago, people are divided into five distinct factions: Abnegation (selfless), Amity (kind), Candor (honest), Erudite (intelligent) and Dauntless (brave), based on their personalities. Beatrice "Tris" Prior discovers that she is Divergent, meaning she fits into more than one faction, and soon uncovers a sinister plot brewing in her seemingly perfect society




Personal Ratings: 3.5
I was actually looking forward to the show, because the trailer just looked so good. I think most trailers are like there to kill the show. I thought there would be more action scenes.

I totally loved tris's (or Beatrice) acting. Brought tears to my eyes several times. I think she cries effortlessly. 
I like all the scenes that portrays her acting skills, but I kind of find that they focus way to much on her, as if the other characters doesn't really matter.

I think for the part where they had to choose which division they want to be, they should have actually like tell us clearly which bowl was for which division, because I was quite confused which was which, especially since they didn't really let us see the symbols for the different division. 

Also about the part where her parents died and she killed her friend, I think that there should be more emotional part there, because it kind of seemed like they just fast forward that part. Spent too much time on the first part of the show. 
I also thought that because divergents were suppose to be really rare, there shouldn't be a lot of people that way, at the most one or two in every generation. So I was quite disappointed when there was actually another guy in dauntless that was a divergent. (though it was necessary to tell us what will happen if they were found out).

As usual, I'm not satisfied with the ending, but I can't wait for the next 2 more movies. Overall great story line.


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 13 and above
Ratings: PG-13




No comments:

Post a Comment