Thursday, March 6, 2014

Kuroshitsuji (Anime)


Image from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/4898/Kuroshitsuji

Name: Black Butler 黒執事 Kuroshitsuji

Sequel: Kuroshitsuji Season 2
Status: Completed
Episode: 24


Summary:

In Victorian-era Europe, a young boy loses everything he once held near and dear to a vicious plot. In his moment of death, he strikes a deal with a demon: his soul, in exchange for revenge. Ciel Phantomhive is now the head of the Phantomhive corporation, handling all business affairs as well as the underground work for the Queen of England. His new partner is a demon butler, Sebastian Michaelis, whose powers as a butler is only surpassed by his strength as a demon.

The story follows the two along with their other servants, as they work to unravel the plot behind Ciel's parents' murder, and the horrendous tragedies that befell Ciel in the month directly after.





Personal Ratings: 3

I first read the manga before the anime came out. So I was kind of comparing it with what I have read, so it may be a little harsh, and inaccurate. 


First of all, I wasn't really satisfied with the voice actors. But I kind of got used to most of them over time. However, there are some that I just cannot stand, and I feel it's kind of a disappointment, from what I was imagining while reading the manga.

I also felt that there were parts where could be expressed better, or should have more emphasis. 
I didn't really like how they showed the true identity of the 3 other helpers in the mansion; as compared to the manga, it didn't gave me the hype, and it didn't really showcase the coolness of these 3 people.  Throughout the show, really didn't give me any hype, so it was kind of disappointing.  The way they introduced Undertaker as a Shinigami was also quite a disappointment; unlike the manga, it didn't really gave me the "omg he is a Sinigami?" kind of feels. I'm not sure if it's because I already knew that since the beginning.  
I also feel that the anime actually stained some characters; like the queen, or Lau. Cause in the manga, they were suppose to be somewhat good people.


Some of the few things that I liked about the anime was the music they play. Very classical, matches the dark atmosphere in the anime. I also quite like the last few episodes of the show; like it shows how all the cases in the anime overlap with each other. 




Art Ratings: 3

Well, again, as compared to the manga, not very good drawing. I feel that it lacked that kind of Sophistication, and beauty. Never the less, still quite nice. 



Recommended for:

Gender: Female & Male
Age: 15 and above
My Ratings: PG-13


No comments:

Post a Comment