Monday, March 10, 2014

Noragami (Anime)


Image from: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/09/05/noragami-anime-visual-and-staff-revealed

Name: Noragami

Status: Completed
Episode: 12
Release Date (for eng subs): Every Monday


Summary:
Yato, a minor god, dreams to become the most revered deity in the world with big shrine and all. However, being a penniless god that he is, he has a long way to go and his shinki leaving him doesn't help matter. Later, when he does his job, a high school girl named Hiyori Iki pushes him out of the way of a speeding bus; unaware of his status as deity.


Things get complicated when this incident triggers abnormality in Hiyori's soul, causing her to make an Astral Projection whenever she falls unconscious. To turn herself back to normal, Hiyori must help Yato becoming a better god who can fix the problem, along with Yato's new shinki, Yukine.

Summary Source: TV Tropes


Personal Ratings: 4
I actually wanted to read the manga, but than I saw the anime came out. Honestly, I was quite disappointed with the first episode. I thought it was kind of boring, which kind of led me to think that it would not be nice. Honestly, I'm super glad I trusted my instincts and continued watching.

This show is so freaking nice; the moment I think of this anime, it really gives me to goose bumps (yep, it's that good).

The anime has actually taught me more about human desires and 'sins'; quite an in depth content on this area, especially since it's about the dead. There is a good balance between the 'dark' and 'good' side of the story line. 
Hoping that this anime last long. 

Comments on recent episode:
kind of disappointed in the last episode. I felt that it was a rush. The arc about Yukine was such a good and completed arc, when you compare it to this arc, it kind of looks like this arc lacks emphasis. 

- Updates coming soon-


Art Ratings: 3.5
The drawing looks nice, but some times it can also look a little off. 
No consistency in the way they draw or design the characters. Most characters follow the current trend of drawing, but some of the girls actually looked a little towards the olden drawing. Doesn't really bring out the nature of the anime, especially since there is a split between the old and the new drawing. But it may be what they are looking for, since some of the characters were suppose to have been there since really long ago. 
Love the colours for Yukki.


Recommended for:
Gender: Male & Female
Age: 13 and above
My Ratings: PG-13




No comments:

Post a Comment