Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Michiko to Hatchin


Image from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/4087/Michiko_to_Hatchin/userrecs

Name: Michiko to Hatchin ミチコとハッチン

Status: Completed
Episode: 22
Release Date (for eng subs): - 


Summary:
Michiko escaped from prison to look for her lover, Hiroshi. She then finds Hiroshi's daughter, Hana (Hatchin), who was abused by her step parents. They than set out on a journey to find Hiroshi, while policemen and dangerous criminals comes after them.

Summary by: AngelaAgness


Personal Ratings: 3.5
I watched this anime without subs, so there may be a lack of understanding in the content, which is may not happen if I had watched it in subs. So this review may be a little incomplete.

Very unique anime. I don't think there are much animes that are similar to this anime. 
This anime shows a lot of the way of life in countries such as south america and Brazil. A serious and realistic work.


This anime is by episodes, each situation or cases is finished between 1 to 2 episodes, which is very short. So I think it's actually a lot more interesting if you watch it per episode, and not one shot. 

In the first half of the anime, there is a consistent pace of the anime, where by they show either Mitchiko or Hatchin's point of view (Usually in Hatchin's point of view). However, you can see the change in the anime in the 2nd half of the anime, where they started to show point of views from different characters; at the same point of time. 

I also think that there is a lack of link between the episodes. Even though they are trying to find Hiroshi, I find that he doesn't play a huge role in the anime at all. He was only talked about by others; people whom he had met. But in the end, there wasn't much information about him at all. All that happened was they met, and than after awhile he left again. So I'm quite confused as to what kind of guy he is, because it seemed to me that the Hiroshi that Mitchiko knew was different from what he is now. 
There are also episodes in the show which didn't quite make sense (like the one about the dude pulling out a random fish from Mitchiko's stomach, and claims that he had cured her), episodes that strayed from the reality of the show, and episodes that had no link to finding Hiroshi. 

I actually like the fighting part for this anime, especially the ones with guns and Satoshi. The way he fought in the last few episodes, was really cool and logical.

I actually like the Voice actors. Very unique voice selection for this show, the two main seiyuus are actresses, with no voice acting background. So I actually get to enjoy the refreshing new voices that I've never heard before. 


Art Ratings: 4 
I like the art. I think it's really pretty; I'm not sure why, but it's very different from the usual anime style now a days. The variety of way they desgin each and every character is great, because it really shows the personality of each character, and also the differences between each characters, so everyone of them is actually quite memorable. 


Recommended for:
Gender: Female & Male
Age: 17 and above
My Ratings: NC-16



No comments:

Post a Comment