Friday, March 21, 2014

Mirai Nikki



Name: Mirai Nikki 未来日記 Future Diary

Status: Completed
Episode: 24
Release Date (for eng subs): - 

Summary:
This psychological thriller, based on the manga written and illustrated by Sakae Esuno, is about Yuki, a loner who's not very good with people. He prefers to write a diary on his cell phone and talk to his imaginary friend, Deus Ex Machina – The God of Time and Space. However, Yuki soon learns that Deus is more than a figment of his imagination when he makes Yuki participate in a battle royale with eleven others. The contestants are given special diaries that can predict the future, each diary possessing unique features that give it both advantages and disadvantages. Within the next 90 days, the contestants must try to survive until there is only one left standing. The winner will become the new God of Time and Space.


Summary Source: FUNimation



Personal Ratings: 3.5
Honestly, this show can get a little scary in some parts. It's quite a little dark piece of anime. 
I liked the story line. I think you don't really find any anime that focuses on Yandare that much. I feel that the story was practically made for Yandare. Gives us (otakus) a lot more understand for Yandares.

I like the depth of this show. Great twists in the show, really quite unexpected. Though there are parts where I thought they should have gave us more time to take in what's happening, because of the sudden twists, and let the viewers take in the shock a little bit. Because some times they change the pace so fast, there is not enough time to be shocked.

I actually like the way they use the other supporting characters, especially for Akise and Minene. Loved their background story, their relationships and the way they contributed to the anime. 
However I think that for some of the other character, they didn't tell us enough about them. Like I wanted to know more about how they actually got the diaries they have. But because they got killed so fast, it kind of felt as if they were kind of useless, and didn't really contributed to the whole anime. 

Didn't think that there was a need for those obscene parts; but I was glad it was played in the way that, people remember the anime for the plot and the Yandare, not those scenes.

I was kind of upset that nearing the end, it got kind of boring (which was why I actually stopped watching). I felt that there was that lack of excitement in the ending, which was a deep compared to the continuous excitement in the front parts of the show.


Art Ratings: 4
Good art and animation. Just don't really like the hair. I like all the character design.


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 18 and above
My Ratings: NC-16



No comments:

Post a Comment