Monday, June 9, 2014

Hamatora


Image from: http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamatora

Name: Hamatora ハマトラ
Sequel: Re: Hamatora

Status: Completed
Episode: 12
Release Date (for eng subs): - 


Summary:
This anime revolves around humans with abilities, known as 'minimum' in this show. People with this ability goes to this special academy that specializes in enhancing this minimum within people. This story follows the main character, Nice. He was the top scorer of the academy, but this was remained a secret. However, because of this, he was targeted by one of the professors from the school, whose ideal of 'fairness' was messed up which ended up killing and hurting a lot of people. The anime shows how Nice stops this professor.   

Summary by: AngelaAgness



Personal Ratings: 3
This anime actually stood out among the other animes in the same season. So I actually had high expectation for this show, but after the 3rd episode, I just thought it was really boring so I stopped until this series was completed before I re-watched it again. 

I felt that this series has the lack of variety, all the 'cases' in this anime was just too repetitive. I felt that they should have properly build up on the intensity and the seriousness of the incident on the professor, and art. But I felt like since the mention of it was so small, it kind of got overtaken by the main story in each of the cases. I also didn't like how they added in those kind of comedy episodes. (But than that's just cause I don't really like comedy). 
I felt like they could show more of Hajime-chan; about her powers and how she meet Nice. I'm hopping there would be something about it in the next season. 

Even though there were many groups of characters (3-4 main groups of people, all in pairs), I felt like there was a lack of connection between all the groups. There was totally no group work with all of the members of Hamatora. Though I'm hoping that the next season, all the characters would have a stronger connection. (especially within the Hamatora group.)

I actually sort of like how they make their character names all odd English words. It kind of makes their name a lot more easier to remember, especially when somehow their name and the character really goes well together. However, since their name are so odd, I'm sure there must be some meaning to it. 

I like their side stories (of the side characters). Though I felt like they should have been building that up bit by bit since the first episode, instead of just adding one random episode about them. 

Interesting ending. I really want to watch the 2nd season. Lots of questions, and anticipation. 


Art Ratings: 3
The drawing is quite nice. Especially love the way they drew Nice and Art (OMG I'm totally biased to art since he is voice acted by my favorite seiyuu). 

I just didn't really like the colours. I felt that this anime holds a little darkness to it, so the colours were a little too bright on the whole. 


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 15 and above
My Ratings: PG-13



No comments:

Post a Comment