Monday, June 2, 2014

X-Men: Days of Future Past


Image from: http://screenrant.com/tag/x-men-days-of-future-past/

Name: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Release Date (in Singapore): 23 May 2014
Watched on: 1 June 2014


Summary:
The ultimate X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in X-Men: Days of Future Past. The characters from the original X-Men film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from X-Men: First Class in an epic battle that must change the past – to save our future.



Personal Ratings: 3.5
Finally know more about the past between Charles and Eric. Awesome to see the younger versions of them, who are much more cooler and less stiff. It's also really fun to see more of Mystic, since she is my favorite character since the beginning. But since it's been such a long time since I first watched the first X-Men movie, I wasn't really quite sure who was who.

I think this movie is a lot more fun compared to the other X-Men movies, partly because of the additions of young Charles and young Eric, and of course the speedy dude (whose name I forgot so forgive me.) Honestly, I don't think Wolverine actually played a huge role in the movie, other than traveling back 50 years into the past.
I really didn't think that Charles would be that different 50 years ago and now. Though Eric was still kind of like the same. 

I think that this X-Men concentrated on a few number of characters as compared to last time, where they really had a lot of characters to concentrate on (which makes things kind of hard to catch on).

What I didn't really like was probably the lesser action scenes when it comes to Wolverine. I think that there were more action scenes when it came to Mystic and Eric, unlike last time where Wolverine gets most of the action scenes. This time he was kind of useless (and that non-metal claws was really epic).


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 13 and above
Ratings: PG-13



No comments:

Post a Comment