Friday, June 27, 2014

Kannagi


Image from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/3958/Kannagi

Name: Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens  ă‹ă‚“ăȘぎ

Status: Completed
Episode: 13 
Release Date (for eng subs): -


Summary:
Based on a shounen manga by Takenashi Eri, serialised in Comic REX.

Our unlucky protagonist, Jin, uses the trunk of a sacred tree to carve a statue for a school project. When he takes it outside, to his surprise it begins absorbing the surrounding earth and transforms into, hold your breath on this one, a girl! So like all similar setups this guardian deity is pretty pissed that her tree was cut down and lives with Jin while she takes out her anger on squashing bugs....er, cleaning the "Impurities".




Personal Ratings: 3.5
Really fun anime. Though there wasn't really much of a story line here, I still think that this show is some how really fun to watch. It has this weird thing that makes you attracted to it. 


I didn't really like the fact that they didn't really have a main story line to follow; other than the questionable identity of Nagi. Which, by the way, was terrible. There wasn't really much of a hint throughout the whole show, so it didn't really spark off any curiosity in that aspect; they only showed 2 scenes regarding this in the middle of the anime, which lasted for like 1 second. I also think that the reason behind why Nagi ran away was really ridiculous. Because when she said "sorry I've been lying to you all this time." The thing is that she doesn't even know if she herself is really a deity. All that happened was that Nagi, herself doubted her identity. Which turns out that in the end her doubt wasn't right. So I didn't think that it was very much a valid reason for her to just run away. 
Even though that last few episodes were the more interesting ones out of the whole anime, I still think that because of this flaw it kind of made it a little questionable. Quite a waste, actually.

As for the seiyuus, I think that Nagi's voice actor, is really skilled. But because she is too skilled (especially when it came to talking in different personalities), sometimes I find that Nagi's voice changed too much, she almost sounds like a different person, so I didn't really like that. 
As for Jin, I think that Hiro is really the perfect seiyuu. At first his face and voice didn't really match, which makes his voice stand out a lot, after watching a little while, you would find that there is no other seiyuu more suited to voice act this character. 
For Tsumugi's seiyuu, Miyuki, I have heard her many many times in other animes, and all her characters are really really different, so even though I did hear her 'high pitched' voice acting before, I still don't really like it when she voice act innocent girls. Since her voice doesn't change much, only her pitch goes up and down when she voice acts different characters, it really bothered me throughout the whole anime. 

Overall, I don't think that this anime is really completed. I really want to know why is it that when Jin asks questions about Nagi's 'job' she doesn't reply and her eyes goes blank. I was hopping that there was a 2nd season or something, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.



Art Ratings: 4
Nice art. I really like all the character designs. Proportions of the drawings are constant and good throughout the whole show. 


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 14 and above
My Ratings: PG-13




No comments:

Post a Comment