Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Nanatsu no Taizai



Name: Nanatsu no Taizai 七つの大罪 The Seven Deadly Sins

Status: On-going
Episode: 23
Release Date (for eng subs): Every Monday


Summary:
The "Seven Deadly Sins," a group of evil knights who conspired to overthrow the kingdom of Britannia, were said to have been eradicated by the Holy Knights, although some claim that they still live. Ten years later, the Holy Knights have staged a Coup d'état and assassinated the king, becoming the new, tyrannical rulers of the kingdom. Elizabeth, the king's only daughter, sets out on a journey to find the "Seven Deadly Sins," and to enlist their help in taking back the kingdom.

Summary Source: Redhawk NEO


Personal Ratings: 3.5
One of the more popular manga adapted into an anime. I didn't read the manga, so I will just be judging this by itself.

This anime kind of reminds me of Magi; where everything takes place in a fantasy world, that is of some memories to us. While Magi seems to take ideas from the Disney movie Aladdin, this anime seems to take most of it's idea from the Bible. Things like the 7 deadly sins, and the holy sword stuck to the ground, is not unfamiliar to me (I was in a christian school for 10 years so I basically grew up hearing all those stories), and I actually really like that kind of nostalgic feeling, and the incorporation of something familiar. Totally love to see how they twist well-known stories. 

I think this type of story is quite normal and seen quite a number of times; where by the plot if twisted in such a way that the known good people are the bad ones and the known bad people are the good ones.
But in this case, because their called the 7 deadly sins, they must have done something wrong. I really can't wait to know the full story about the 7 deadly sins people. I really want to know what sins did they commit, that made them detested by the people. 

Having different groups of people clashing is quite a common thing. They really make it obvious with their character design which people is in which group. But obviously, having the 7 deadly sins people be in their own element makes them stand out more. 


With all that has happened so far (which is not much), I think that it is a really cool anime. I will be looking forward to their action scenes. Even though there isn't much from these 2 episodes, I can tell that they can really make the viewers hyped up with their action scenes. 

The voice actors so far are also super matching with their character design and personality. Kaji Yuki finally sounds like he is in his own element (after that uncomfortable voice acting for Ao Haru Ride).

I'm not really getting why... But it seems like the subs are being released later and later. Hm...


Comments on Recent episode:
Was kind of disappointed with Growther's voice actor, I thought he should have sounded more girly. I hope that even after the next fight finish, they would continue it with a 2nd season (cause I wanna see more of Ban hahaha).



Art Ratings: 4
I thought that the kiddish sort of art and ridiculous colors really matches well with the whole fantasy theme of this anime. 

Use use of animals in the anime. The so called "ability" of the pig was really cute. Just hoping that even until the end, there isn't as over use of animals.


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 14 and above
My Ratings: PG-13

Nanatsu no Taizai OST playlist: Here



No comments:

Post a Comment