Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Amagi Brilliant Park

Amagi Brilliant Park

Name: Amagi Brilliant Park 甘城ブリリアンとパーク

Status: Completed
Episode: 13
Release Date (for eng subs): Every Friday


Summary:
The story centers around high school student Seiya Kanie, a self proclaimed genius with looks, intellect, and athletic ability. On a Sunday, a mysterious transfer student who carries a musket gun takes him to an old and deserted amusement park, Amagi Brilliant Park. He is told that if the park can't attract 100,000 visitors in the next two weeks, it will be closed immediately. And thus the business comedy, Amagi Brilliant Park, begins!

Summary Source: Batoto, Crunchyroll


Personal Ratings: 3
Ok so there wasn't any ads on KyoAni's youtube channel, so I though that they probably wouldn't be releasing any anime this season, since their working on the upcoming movie for Kyokai no Kanata. So I wasn't expecting any anime from them this season, until this came out. 
When I first watched the first few seconds of the show, I was like "yup it looks like Kyoani's style." The way it was drawn, the animation and the effects they use, all was really kyoani-like stuff. So I was kind of angry, thinking that another company copied their unique style (because, once again, I didn't think that they are coming with an anime this season.). So when I found out that it was kyoani's anime, I was just super duper happy. Ok so on to the review.

When I first saw the PV, I thought that this would be an epic romance, comedy, shoujo anime. But I was quite wrong.
I'm thinking that kyoani tried to make a disney-type of fantasy anime, but it kind of failed. 

It was a really eye catching first episode, and as usual, the high school setting used. The only thing I thought was a little off, was that the starting was just too fast. There wasn't any like introduction of the main character, it just jumped straight into the whole story line. So there wasn't any information on the characters or any of that sort. It was more like a introduction of the whole theme park, nothing more. 

I think that the balance if not there for this anime - the balance between his high-school life and his life as a manager in amaburi.

Some of the episodes were funny, but I didn't really liked how some ideas were so out of the box, it's not within reasonable logic (and if you have been reading my reviews, you would know how I hate it when a comedy anime is slapstick.)

Thought that the whole "Magic" and "Mascots-are-real" type of idea was quite good, but I didn't quite get the whole anime when they are mixed with humans. At some parts, It can look really weird that there is that huge mixture of animal-like characters and normal human characters. I Thought that maybe keeping the whole setting in a fantasy world would have been better, because there were some inconsistencies in the anime which would probably be solved if the settings had changed.
For example, the thin about hiring normal people into amaburi. During the meetings, Kanie always mentions stuff about the magic world. So I was thinking, wouldn't it be a little weird, especially if all employees took part in the meetings, than to the normal humans in the show, it would sound like he's talking rubbish.

I also thought that they should actually showed us scenes about the original magic world where they came from, because they kept mentioning about this world, but there wasn't really any scenes based on it, except for the flashback. 

Thought that they could have made use of more animations to elevate the fantasy side of the anime (like add more effects).
For the part about the princess losing her memories and stuff, I thought they could have used more computer effects to show us psychically that the curse had been lifted. Because for that part, it kinda of looked like 1 second after she fell asleep, she opened her eyes and she still remembers everything. It would have been ok if they actually showed us how she actually acted when she lost her memories the first time.

Throughout the whole anime, they kept mentioning about Kanie's past (about his idol life), and I was really interesting in that the whole time. So I was really disappointing that it wasn't really anything big, because I watched the whole show just to find out about his part.

Overall I don't think this is up to Kyoani's normal standard of anime. 


Art Ratings: 4.5
Typical kyoto animation style. Though from here we can see that it's more off a Haruhi, chuunibyou and Free, mixed animation and art.


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 13 and above
My Ratings: PG-13




No comments:

Post a Comment