Thursday, April 24, 2014

Baccano



Name: Baccano! バッカーノ!

Status: Completed
Episode: 13 (+ 3 OVA)
Release Date (for eng subs): -


Summary:
During the early 1930s in Chicago, the transcontinental train, Flying Pussyfoot, is starting its legendary journey that will leave a trail of blood all over the country. At the same time in New York, the ambitious scientist Szilard and his unwilling aide Ennis, are looking for missing bottles of the immortality elixir. In addition, a war between the mafia groups is getting worse. On board the Advena Avis, in 1711, alchemists are about to learn the price of immortality.

Based on the award winning light novels of the same name, this anime adaptation follows several events that initially seem unrelated, both in time and place, but are part of a much bigger story—one of alchemy, survival and immortality. Merging these events together are the kindhearted would-be thieves, Isaac and Miria, connecting various people, all of them with their own hidden ambitions and agendas, and creating lifelong bonds and consequences for everyone involved.


Summary written by: MAL Rewrite


Personal Ratings: 3.5
So when I started to watch this anime, it was really confusing, and I didn't get what the hell was happening half the time. However, after awhile, when you slowly get use to the jumping around in the anime, it's when the anime starts to get nice. 

And that's when most people would probably realize how similar this anime is to Durarara! (I watched durarara! first before this show). I went to do a little search and found out that it was from the same producers.  I also felt like there was some what a Steins;Gate feeling to it too. 

I think that Durarara! was kind of like the improved version of this anime, with all the proper episodes and characters. I felt like this anime doesn't really have the a right amount of in-dept focus for each group of characters. I felt that having 13 episodes with 3 other OVAs were not quite enough for the show. Since there were like many different types of characters, I felt like they only focused on one group and kind of neglected the other groups, even though I feel like the other groups also place a lot of importance in the anime. 
Because if the many different groups of characters in this show, I felt like it was really confusing, especially because they kept changing from one view point to another throughout the show. I feel like there was too many group of characters and too little time. It kind of felt like there was incomplete story line for some of the group of characters. 

I felt that the skips and jumps in the anime was just too much. They didn't only change from different view point to another, but also from different incident and timing all together. So if you aren't paying attention enough, it can get really confusing. 

But I still feel like this anime is really quite unique, and it sets itself apart from most of the action animes out there. I just felt like it should have been longer. 



Art Ratings: 4
Same art as Durarara! But I felt like this art suited this anime more. Like no too unique, and it fits into the mundane setting that this anime has and blends well with every character.


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 15 and above
My Ratings: PG-13



No comments:

Post a Comment