Saturday, April 12, 2014

Kaichou wa Maid-sama (Anime)


Image from: http://www.pinoyanime.tv/kaichou-wa-maid-sama/

NameClass President is a Maid! 会長はマイド様 Kaichou wa Maid-sama 

Status: Completed
Episode: 26 + 2 (1 OVA and 1 LaLa Special)
Release Date (for eng subs): -


Summary:
Seika High is originally a all boys school, turned co-ed not too long ago. To help the girls in the school, Misaki desperately works hard to be the president council. However, Misaki's family is really poor due to the debts left behind by her dad. To maintain her image as the fearful president council, she secretly works at a maid cafe. Unexpectedly, one day Usui Takumi, who is known to be the school's most popular boy, finds out about her secret. The anime shows how they slowly developed feelings for each other, and in the end like each other.

Summary by: AngelaAngess



Personal Ratings: 3
So... I've been eyeing on this anime for quite a while, since I've been reading the manga for a long long time, but I didn't really want to ruin the good image I had of the manga. But since the manga ended and stuffs like that, I decided to just give this anime a try. Didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would, but definitely not up to the standard I was expecting for.

So I think that this anime is too fast paced. I realize that they try to squeeze as many chapters as they can into 26 episodes, which is just not enough. I really thought that they should have made this anime 50 episodes long. This way, they can also show about Usui's family, and not have it too fast paced. But of course, the pace also changes as along with their target audience. I think that because of that, this show is really for impatient people, the younger group of teenagers and also for people who are still a beginner when it comes to anime. However, when it comes to me, I feel that there is something missing when the anime is too fast paced. Especially when it came to the last part of the last episode, I felt that the ending was quite abrupt. 

Some 'trade mark' scenes (I would call that, since it really make a huge impact on me when I read the manga), was not really there; in terms of emotions, actions and the effects. I felt that the scenes that I was looking forward too got lost in the mids of all that cutting short.

I didn't really like Usui's seiyuu (no offence to people who liked his voice in this anime). I think he actually nailed Usui's 'lazy' voice, but as for his series voice or sexy voice, I still feel that something is lacking. (well some times the sexy voice is nailed, but other times it's not). 
I didn't actually like the OST. I think that it's a little too... (idk how to say it) girly? I felt that the main OST was used at the wrong time, and sometimes didn't really flow with the atmosphere, because it really bugged me the whole time when I was watching some scenes.  

Overall, I think that what made this anime a success was still the story line. If it wasn't for the epic story line and the sexiness from both Misaki and Usui, I bet this anime wouldn't have been that nice. Well at least this was quite a fun anime to watch. 


Art Ratings: 3
The art isn't all that different from the manga, so I was quite relieved, however, it didn't really allow the anime to have more impact, especially when it came to the facial expressions. Because while reading the manga, I would feel the emotions really clearly from the facial expressions. 


I also thought that the setting was a little too detail, compared to the characters, so the characters and the setting don't really blend together.



Recommended for:
Gender: Female
Age: 12 and above
My Ratings: PG




No comments:

Post a Comment