Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Dawn of the Planet of Apes



Name: Dawn on the Planet of Apes

Release Date (in Singapore): 10 July 2014
Watched on: 12 July 2014


Summary:
A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species. 




Personal Ratings: 2.5
So apparently this movie is the 3rd or 4th movie of the Ape series. I didn't watch the 1st or 2nd one, so I just treated it as a single movie. 

Honestly, I was expecting the apes to be talking english, but they were using sign language the whole time, so I was kind of disappointed.

I actually kind of like the whole concept of the story, between the betrayals within the apes and things like that. I think it's actually really true for humans as well, but to make it less cliche, they incorporate the two sides together (humans and apes), which made it even more interesting. 
I think that even though the story line and the idea it self is quite interesting, the pace of the movie really made the whole movie boring. There were parts which I thought could have been cut shorter, and there were parts which I thought could have been better with more emphasis. Also, throughout the whole show, the setting was really dark, which kind of made the whole movie even more boring. 

Not sure if there will be another sequel to this movie, but I really think that they should have added more emphasis on the human side, because in this movie I felt that they were only showing the apes side, and very little of the human side. Making use of what's needed for both sides would definitely have brought the tension up a little more. 

Overall, potential to do well but not done properly. 


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 16 and above
Ratings: PG-13




No comments:

Post a Comment