Monday, July 7, 2014

Transformers: Age of Extinction


Image from: http://screenrant.com/transformers-4-age-extinction-tv-spots-poster/

Name: Transformers: Age of Extinction


Release Date (in Singapore): 26 June 2014
Watched on: 26 June 2014


Summary:
As humanity picks up the pieces, following the conclusion of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Autobots and Decepticons have all but vanished from the face of the planet. However, a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control – all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs. The epic adventure and battle between good and evil, freedom and enslavement ensues.



Personal Ratings: 3.5
I'm not sure why, but I actually quite like this show. Even though there were many flaws, I still think that overall it's a really entertaining show. My family all said that it wasn't really nice, so I guess I'm the weird one here. 

But anyhow, I find myself comparing this movie to Edge of Tomorrow while watching. I find that their quite similar. I find that this movie is also quite similar to the anime Angel Beats. The way that they incorporate many different genre into a single show really makes them similar; in this case I think they incorporated racing, action, and humor all in one. 
However, unlike Angel Beats, racing and action is kind of a similar genre, so it blends well together. 

I didn't really like how this show wasn't really connected to the previous shows. I thought it would have been a lot nicer if the main character of the previous transformers show was in this sequel. 

The show was a little messy with two story lines going at one time. But even though there were two different main story lines going at one time, I really thought that it was cleanly explained in the story. There is also a link between the two story line; about the cause of the incident and the solution for the incident.

I also didn't really like how they place so much importance in the humans in this show. I thought that they should have concentrated more on the transformers, their relationship with one another and the battles. 
I liked how there were more new transformers. Really interesting idea, especially about them turning into other vehicles like a helicopter, and that ninja. I think all of their distinctive characters and voices really made them all very different from one another. Though I thought that they should have included more older transformers in the show. It seems like the only transformers they like to reuse is bumblebee and optimus prime.

Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 13 and above
Ratings: PG-13





No comments:

Post a Comment