Saturday, July 19, 2014

Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai


Image from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/17247/Machine-Doll_wa_Kizutsukanai

Name: Unbreakable Machine Doll 機巧少女は傷つかない Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai

Status: Completed
Episode: 12
Release Date (for eng subs): -


Summary:
During the early 20th century, along with technological advancements, scientists were able to develop sophisticated magic. The combination of science and sorcery was Makinot, circuits made from spells that were put into objects to bring them to life and even gain a personality. It was developed as a military weapon and has now spread throughout the world.


Akabane Raishin is now attending the Royal Academy to become the best in the world. Accompanied by the lovely teenage girl Yaya, who is actually Raishin's puppet weapon, he plans on rocketing to the top of the class. However, his test scores come nearly dead last although his combat skills and determination are second to none. Raishin has to compete with the deadliest of classmates if he wants to come out as the king.


Summary Source: Moetron


Personal Ratings: 3
I actually gave up watching this anime halfway when it was still on-going. So I re watched it. Honestly, the starting and the art really didn't capture me at all. I think that it lacks that impact compared to the more interesting back part of the anime. 

Unlike most shows that I usually think has way too many explanations, I think this anime actually lacked that component. I found myself having a lot of questions throughout the whole anime, especially fundamental questions; like what are dolls? And why only Raishin has to use his "magic" when controlling his doll while others don't need. 

I found that there are many inconsistencies in the anime, especially when it comes to controlling their dolls. Sometimes they seem like normal partners, other times they seem like dolls. 

I thought there was a lack of fighting scenes. Even though this anime's main genre is probably action, I thought that there was a lack of fighting and action scenes. The action scenes really lacked that impact that the cases in this anime has. So the fighting scenes were probably dimmed compared to the cases and the story line of this show. The fighting scenes were also really short. It seems like animes these few days are really cutting short on those fighting scenes. (except for those maim stream animes were the interesting level depends on it.)

As for some of the good points for this anime, I thought that each of the cases were actually quite well thought out and explained. I didn't find myself wondering about anything that were not explained or were poorly explained in the anime. (don't know if I was too occupied with other questions.) However, I don't think any of the cases has got any link to the main story line at hand. It sort of reminds me of detective conan where the main story line and the individual cases are in different episodes, un-linked. However, they really do know when to add parts and pieces of the past to make the boring parts more interesting, attracting the viewers back into the story. 

Thought that the character development for the characters that were deeply involved in the stories in the anime were very well developed. However, for characters that play a great part in the main story line (the best doll maker that helped Raishin), lacked that development. I'm hoping there would be more on this part of the anime in the next season. 


Art Ratings: 1.5
Hate the art. The art did no justice to the anime at all. Because I usually judge if I want to watch the anime through the art, this art deterred me away from the anime, because it was just too terrible. The colors were also terrible. 

The animation is ok though. I thought that the fighting scenes were really smooth. 
Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 16 and above
My Ratings: NC-16



No comments:

Post a Comment