Monday, July 7, 2014

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin




Name: Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin 龍ヶ嬢七々々の埋蔵金 Nanana's Buried Treasure

Status: Completed
Episodes: 11
Release Date (for eng subs): - 


Summary:
"I'm going to build a place where young people can challenge to reach any of their dreams!"

The 7 genius students, known as the GREAT 7, launched a project to construct an artificial island called Nanae Island to realize their leader, Nanana Ryugajo's peculiar idea. 

12 years later, with a total population of 100,000 people with as much as 80% of those inhabitants being students, Nanae Island has successfully become prosperous as a special student zone. One of the island's newest residents was Jugo Yama -- a high school student who had just transferred to the island after being disowned by his father. One day, Jugo finds in his own apartment the earth-bound spirit of the late Nanana Ryugajo, who was murdered by someone 10 years ago! Jugo's plan of living alone was suddenly thwarted by this strange roommate. 

The original novel "Nanana's Buried Treasure" won the Grand Prize of the 13th Entertainment Awards, which was the first Grand Prize in eight years. This anime series features the adventures and challenges of Jugo Yama as he searches through the historic ruins of Nanae Island for the great treasures, A.K.A "Nanana's Collection," along with the extraordinary characters he meets along the way. The mysterious puzzles of the ruins! The excitement of the treasure hunt! The strategic maneuvers and battles of thought and reason between the characters! Nanana's Buried Treasure is an adventure you won't want to miss! 

Summary Source: Aniplex USA


Personal Ratings: 3.5
One of the more outstanding animes there in spring 2014. I didn't pick up this series when it first came out, but when it just ended. Honestly, I thought that at the same time some ideas were clique, but they were also very unique at the same time. 
It's quite a light and fun anime to watch, despite some complications. 

The characters were very unique, especially Tensai, Nanana, and Juugo. In most animes, the detective who always claim to be the best and a famous detective is always the one who adds a little stupidity into the anime, hoping to make people laugh. Honestly I really hate those type of characters. So when Tensai was first introduced into the anime, I thought I would hate her, a lot. But then they told us about how she is actually a smart person, a real detective. That got me to like her (haha).
Honestly, even though the main character is supposed to be Juugo, I thought that Tensai played a larger role in the anime. In many of the puzzles, Tensai is always the one who solves everything. 

Looking at the mystery side of the story, I wouldn't have liked it very much. Unlike most mystery shows, they give out the clues really obviously. Since it's really obvious, most viewers would pay attention to the weird details and wonder about throughout the case, until it's solved. In my case, I would wonder a lot about the weird details so much that I couldn't really concentrate on the happenings at hand. Also, since there were many parts to a single case, sometimes after the first deduction, there would be other things bothering me. I thought that they could just lay the clue out, without putting stress on them to avoid such things. 

I thought that they should include some scenes on Nanana's treasure hunt.
As for Juugo, he is really a plain guy, and doesn't stand out much in the middle of all the uniqueness. So I guess that's why they gave him a 'dark' background, about his family being a famous thief group. Even so, I thought that they should have given him a cool move or a darker side of him that he usually hides. 

Obviously this anime isn't complete, so I'll be waiting for a 2nd season. (If they let it end like this I will strangle them haha). 


Art Ratings: 4
I thought that the art was nice, especially the way they drew the girl's eyes. Though I didn't really like some character designs. I thought that the proportions for some characters were a little off. 

Love the colours they use for the settings, it really matches the mood for each puzzle. 


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 13 and above
My Ratings: PG-13



No comments:

Post a Comment