Sunday, July 6, 2014

K: Missing Kings


Image from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/16904/K:_Missing_Kings

Name: K: Missing Kings
Prequel: K

Release Date (in Singapore): 5 July 2014
Watched on: 5 July 2014


Summary:
The "Academy Island Incident" in which four "kings" cross paths... Since then, Silver Clansmen Kuroh Yatogami and Neko have been searching for their master, Shiro. Without finding any clues to Shiro's whereabouts, the two became disheartened. However, one day, they see HOMRA members Rikio Kamamoto and Anna Kushina being chased by someone.

Summary Source: ANN
Summary from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/16904/K:_Missing_Kings


Personal Ratings: 3.5
Apart from the really long flashback (which in my opinion wasn't necessary, but seeing that some people needed that to remember what happened in the anime, I shall let this go.), I thought that the anime was really entertaining. 

Watching anime in a theater with many anime fans and when watching an anime alone at home is really a different experience. In the theater, I guess I could get a better gauge on what scenes do people kind funny and what type of scenes do fan girls go crazy over. I guess I can say that I'm a pretty normal fan girl.
Some really funny parts (especially the part about the debate between the used of the term 'masked man' and 'ninja' was really epic). 

For Mikoto fans, I guess it's kind of a sad Sequel because it's confirmed that he will no longer be coming back, because the rise of the new red king confirms Mikoto's death. For fan girls, new character and a new pairing coming up. So apart from the fans point of view, the story line in the 2nd season (or next movie, I'm not sure), would most likely be more about the green king (something I've been waiting for since they mentioned it in the anime.)
A little disappointing because I actually wanted to know about the past between Mikoto, Fushimi and Yatagarasu. I'm hoping they would include this in the upcoming sequel. Right now I'm filling my curious by reading the manga, but I'm still not quite as satisfied. 

Great action scenes, a lot better than the anime. I really think that they placed more techniques and attention into the action scenes. Because in the anime it was really lacking in action.
However I thought that even though the animation was a lot more smooth in the movie, I really didn't like how they placed their 'camera' angle, and also some of the scenes. Some scenes, I'm guessing they were trying to make it look more realistic, but they added backgrounds that look too realistic compared to the characters, it looked really unsightly. 


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 15 and above
Ratings: PG-13



No comments:

Post a Comment