Friday, July 4, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars



Name: The Fault in Our Stars

Release Date (in Singapore): 17 June 2014
Watched on: 22 June 2014


Summary:
Hazel and Gus are two teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them on a journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous given that Hazel's other constant companion is an oxygen tank, Gus jokes about his prosthetic leg, and they met and fell in love at a cancer support group.



Personal Ratings: 3
I wanted to watch this show because of the actress. I really liked her acting from Divergent, and thought I would get to see more. But I didn't think that this movie really brought out her acting potential, because it's actually quite easy and light. There is no complexity under the main story line, other than the mystery about Hazel's favorite author. 

Other than the first part, about how they met and fell in love with each other, I think that the only other part that was interesting was the last part starting when Gus told Hazel that he didn't have much longer to live. The most climax part was probably the part when Hazel had to climb the huge number of stairs, after a huge attack. 
The rest of the parts were a little boring. I thought that they dragged out the whole movie a little too much.

I kind of like the ending. I thought that somehow it was a happy ending, despite Gus dying and everything. Somewhat fulfilling ending. 


Recommended for:
Gender: Both
Age: 15 and above
Ratings: PG-13



No comments:

Post a Comment